Big Pictures Blog

Monday, February 05, 2007

Mariah in Playboy: Update



Our friends over at US Magazine publish an excerpt from the now infamous Playboy interview with Mariah Carey.
Read and enjoy! (Thanks for not showing yourself nekked!)


On Her Breakdown in 2001:
"What happened was that people made a big deal of when my old publicist pulled the microphone out of my hand because I was venting about Howard Stern. Howard Stern had said a lot of mean stuff about me that morning, as he does about everybody every morning, and I think it really got to me. So I gained five pounds. It’s not the end of the freakin’ world. But I was exhausted, and I did collapse later. Then everybody blew it out of proportion.”

On the Eminem Apology:
"Something is clearly askew with him, and I’m not quite sure what it is. I just heard something else he recently said about me. I’m curious as to why he’s so obsessed with me. I never got an apology letter, by the way; I don’t know what they’re talking about. Then again, I wasn’t exactly searching my mailbox for it."

On American Idol:
I know everybody thinks I’m the poster child for American Idol, but I was really shy when I first came out as a performer....Randy Jackson of American Idol has worked with me since my first record. I’ve known him for so long, and now he’s a huge star. It’s just weird to me. We’ll get mobbed walking down the street. You know how the band is introduced at a show? My little joke used to be that he was Michael Jackson’s brother, and the crowd would believe me and go crazy.

On Endless Wardrobe Malfunctions:
Oh please, there have been so many. On this tour there was a really bad malfunction... It was this little top with a hook and eye on the front. It was a nightmare. The top was so tight that night because we girls have moments when the top might be tighter, but I caught it, and that’s how you know a pro.

On Glitter:
I try to avoid it. Actually, I don’t mind it. There are moments that make me laugh, and I don’t care.... Glitter was such a bomb, but no one ever pointed out that it came out around September 11, 2001.

Source:
  • US Magazine
  • No comments: